MP Says Town's Unemployment Figures Are Getting Worse

Tuesday April 2 2013

Michael Dugher MP Michael Dugher MP

MICHAEL Dugher has welcomed the national fall in the headline rate of unemployment - but has highlighted that figures for Barnsley continue to get worse.

The latest unemployment figures show that the total number of people claiming Jobs Seekers’ Allowance (JSA) in Barnsley jumped to 8,040 in February – a 14 per cent increase over the last two years and the first time it has risen above 8,000 since 1996.

Figures for youth unemployment are up again and long-term youth unemployment also remain high. The number of 18-24 year olds claiming JSA in Barnsley is now 2,560 - up from 2,485 in January 2013.

More alarming is the number of 18-24 year olds claiming JSA for more than 12 months in Barnsley is now 520 – a massive increase of 205 per cent increase over the last two years.

"Long-term youth unemployment is a major problem," he said. "When you’ve been unemployed for more than a year it has a hugely detrimental effect on your future chances of getting a job. You lose that routine of getting up in the mornings and there is lots of evidence it massively impacts upon your self-confidence, and even your health."

Reply Posted by mick on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 15:23
Also even when there are jobs available . They are min wage, hire them and fire them companies or even worse employment agencies.These trash companies are what this town doesn't need . We need better paid employment with prospects and companies who invest in there employees. Maybe then and only then will young people feel there aspirations and dreams may be within there reach . I'm sad to say that to say this . I believe this is a long way from happening.As we deal with a government that doesn't give a shit.

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 16:15
My sentiments echoed exactly.
These "employment" agencies need closing immediately, they do not care about the average joe that they "employ" and most certainly DO NOT comply with legislation.
I have first hand experience that they DO NOT comply with the legislation.

The biggest "con" this town has every seen is ASOS (ARSOS),Relocating from Hertfordshire to Barnsley which they already know has higher than the national unemployment average, given "substantial" grants to relocate, hiring and firing at will, and knowing full well that if the local populous don't want these "crap" jobs then there are hoards of eastern Europeans that will work all day every day for the minimum wage.
I was told of a guy who claimed against ARSOS for being severely injured at work, as soon as the HR department found out about it he was sacked!

Don't think for one minute that hire and fire isn't already here because it is at ARSOS!

We don't want these companies in our town, a cap of migrant workers needs putting in in workplaces to ensure out 16-24 year olds get a fair crack of the whip.

Reply Posted by Grim on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 15:55
Young people on benefits dont need dreams they need a reality check and to go to work. Any work at all, poor pay or not. End of.

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 16:29
Oh heyup, Grim the tosser strikes again!

You talk some right garbage!

Have you ANY idea just how HARD it is to get ANY work in Barnsley?

I was made redundant nearly two years ago and applied for 178 jobs, yes you read that right, ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY EIGHT JOBS and I the only people I heard back from were EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES wanting to place me with "crap" firms despite having a list of qualifications as long as my arm.

I was extremely lucky that one agency managed to "skill match" me with the right employer within the week and I was set on "the books" 6 months after.

What chance does a 16 year old with NO qualifications and no work experience have?

He's either gonna end up at ARSOS, Symphony, Gist , or Perkins Chilled foods on a day here and a day there basis - ALL CRAP COMPANIES who ONLY employ via agencies and don't give a MONKEYS about him.
If he doesn't want the job then the agency will just send the "crap" employer an eastern European.

YOU SIR DO NOT LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD!

Reply Posted by Fred on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 20:52
I agree grim, get a job, even a crap job on minimum wage, if you have an ounce of ability and show a good attitude you will 100% be rewarded, as most of the work force don't care !

Reply Posted by hard worker on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 16:16
no doubt im going to be blasted for this but,i read on here on a daily basis about people need to get a job from people who put i work 12 hrs a day 6 days a week for my money,well how about considering this.if everybody worked 8 hrs a day 5 days a week like it used to be then imagine how many more jobs it would create,if people didnt work so much overtime then companies would have to employ more people,where i work we are asked every day to do overtime,when thats split between us its 8 hrs of extra work a day which in my eyes would be a full time job for someone.we cant have it both ways,dont moan about the unemployed if your not prepared to give up the overtime and free up a job for someone else

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 16:50
So let me get this straight, you are complaining about working overtime?
I thought overtime was voluntary?
I suppose you don't complain at the end of the week / month when you get your wage do you?

That is the reality of employers in todays society, easier to have their employees work "over" than to set someone on and GOD FORBID set anyone on DIRECTLY without having to go through an employment agency.

Reply Posted by Cathy on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 17:30
Please can we have some quality firms with quality jobs in and around Barnsley.

Our MP's and councillors should prioritise this on their agenda. They should be striving to source quality companies then persuading them to come here, the need to be proactive in doing this is paramount to Barnsleys future jobs base.

We have excellent rail and road links, we are geographically well placed to serve other areas of the country. We have excellent locations for set up, etc etc
Please someone take the lead on this and get something done about our dire job opportunities.

Reply Posted by Charles on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 17:45
Stevo: I have read numerous posting of yours on here, some that I agree with and some that I don't.

I would like to pick up on one of the points which you make above when you say 'what chance does a 16 year old with no qualifications and no work experience have.' Quite frankly, in the world in which I live such individuals do not deserve any form of employment.

With no qualification or work experience at 16 it suggests to me that someone has wasted sixteen years of their life. Let me tell you that this is not the fault of an employer or prospective employer. It can only be the fault of the individual concerned, his parents or the education system in barnsley. It is extremely unlikely that i would consider employing anyone like that.

Reality is that youngsters have to take school seriously as there is no future for them if they don't. That is the real world

Reply Posted by Stevo on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 18:47
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

So you wouldn't employ the 16 year old then? Would you rather leave him on the dole to rot so you can complain about him on here?
Or would you employ the Eastern European migrant for the minimum wage?
I think we have had this conversation before haven't we?

I hear what you are saying about kids taking education seriously,hopefully getting a good start in life.
At this particular moment in time, irrespective of qualifications gained, work prospects in our town are absolutely dire!
Gone are the days of walking to the end of the street for ones work.

What do the kids of todays generation aspire to?
What jobs are out there for them?

ARSOS, Symphony, Gist , or Perkins Chilled foods, this is what awaits them.
That my good man is the reality of employment in Barnsley

That shouldn't bother a tory like you though should it?
I mean its blaringly obviously to the fellow reader that you must have a very good job, and are either an employer taking advantage of the eastern Europeans or work outside our borough (or for the council) I mean who the hell can afford £835 a MONTH mortgage?

I await your response with baited breath....

Reply Posted by Fred on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 20:57
Well said Charles, if you have no qualifications,skills, or experience how on earth do they think there going to get employment. Education is key, but not for idle layabouts !

Reply Posted by Fred on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 21:00
Most Kids today aspire to nothing, just how to get the most out of the benefit system for doing sweet FA. The kids with aspirations get educated and achieve !

Reply Posted by guesty mcguest on Wednesday April 3 2013 at 13:59
Charles Academic qualifications are not for everyone, neither is school, some of the brightest and most productive people lived in modern times did not have a raft of qualifications when they left school. Alan Sugar, Simon Cowell, Richard Branson, Alan Johnson, Even Albert Einstein didnt do particularly well failing most subjects but excelling in maths and physics. You need to look more at the person, and the character, I suspect you are probably a poor judge when it comes to selecting employees.

Experience is far more valuable in most industries these days, degrees are becoming less valuable.

Asos and the like would use child labour or robots if they could. I think a lot of business owners would pay their staff nothing if they could too.

Morals and doing the right thing don't get in the way of margins...

Reply Posted by stevo on Wednesday April 3 2013 at 17:23
Guesty - "quote"

They already do - Its called WORKFARE!

Reply Posted by guesty mcguest on Friday April 5 2013 at 08:11
stevo correct, I was reading some of the appalling practices that "The Rang usese yesteray - needless to say I wont be shopping there anymore

Reply Posted by stevo on Friday April 5 2013 at 18:17
Workfare is an appalling piece of legislation, sending benefit claimants to large multi million pound companies to gain "experience" in the workplace.
We all know this is complete and utter GARBAGE!
If the workfare "participants" gained a qualification to a recognised standard or accreditation, then perhaps it would be worthwhile for the individual.
I cannot see how stacking shelves in poundland is work experience, it is SLAVE LABOUR and the only "winners" are the multi million pound companies that employ "workfarers".
If the benefit claimant on workfare refuses to go on the workfare programme then they are sanctioned and have their benefits removed,
Incidentally, the Tories introduced legislation to block ANYONE from naming and shaming companies that use workfare "employees".

The list of companies who use workfarers is readily available on the net if look in the right place.

Reply Posted by hard worker on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 17:55
no stevo what im saying is if people didnt do overtime then it would free up hrs of work that someone unemployed could do, and i for one would willingly give up the extra hrs to be able to create a job for someone else,its no good moaning about the amount of unemployed there are but not be prepared to sacrifice the overtime,we cant have it both ways,we either want to provide jobs thus stopping the moaning or we carry on just thinking about our own pockets.as i said every hr of overtime worked is an hr that somone unemployed could be doing.if every single person in this country gave up 2 hrs of overtime just imagine how many jobs this would create me included,which bye the way i would be more than happy to do

Reply Posted by stevo on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 18:24
HW, ahh I get your drift...

As someone who doesn't work overtime, i don't need to, nor do I want to, I can see where you are coming from entirely, however, in these tough times when employers don't offer company pension schemes, food ,rent and fuel prices, car insurance etc etc going through the roof, it would be hard to "wean" people off working overtime.
Totally admirable if people were to take your "stance" but we all know that will never happen.
Another sad fact of life is that people don't live within their means anymore and getting credit is either a click of the mouse or a 5 minute phone call away.
Luckily I was brought up well by my parents (as was my partner) and the only thing I owe on is my mortgage.
I know people at work that cant cover their rent and household bills every month and rely on overtime to cover their costs.
Not a lifestyle I would choose but each to their own.

Reply Posted by hard worker on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 18:52
i agree with what you say stevo and its a sad fact that people have grown to rely on overtime to survive. i just think its sad that people who are unemployed and desperate to find work are berrated on here by some people but are not willing to give up a couple of hrs to alter the situation i just feel that its no good moaning if these people are not prepared to do there bit to help the people they show such distaste for to get back into work

Reply Posted by nan on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 19:06
charles im sorry but you should not judge like this you do not know individual circumstances.my 10 year old grandson is autistic and his teachers have said he is way above average inteligence every thing he does and says is precise and accurate but because of his condition he finds it virtually impossible to put whats in his head on paper because what he sees doesnt look perfect his memory and recall is amazing,but when it comes time for him to take exams he is really going to struggle, which most employers judge prospective employees on,and like you said you would be extremely unlikely to employ someone whos inteligence isnt written in black and white which is sad for kids like my grandson who probably wont be given a chance but who happen to be highly inteligent

Reply Posted by Charles on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 19:49
Stevo: I am not quite sure what you find so funny.

As I said above, taking your example of a 16 year old with no qualifications and no work experience, then it is unlikely that I would consider employing them. They have not achieved anything to suggest that they deserve to be employed. I am not responsible for youngsters being 'left on the dole to rot.' It is the young people themselves who have put themselves in to that position.

I fully agree that opportunities for young people are not good in Barnsley and that is why youngsters need to be attentive at school and pass their exams with good grades in order to give themselves a chance of decent employment.

Opportunities do exist in Barnsley, surrounding town and cities and beyond for youngsters who can clearly demonstrate that they are worthy of employment.

You ask 'what do the kids of todays generation aspire to?' Well, you appear to suggest that there are only four companies in the borough. In reality there are thousands of employers, all of who have openings from time to time.

I am intrigued by your reference to a mortgage of £835 per month. Where have you conjured that up from? Is it yours? It is certainly not mine.

I would also like to ask, what has Barnsley council done in the last thirty years to attract major industry to the area? Surely with our geographic location the elected members and the highly paid officers in the Industrial Development Department (or whatever it is called these days) should be doing much, much more to bring proper jobs to the Borough. I suspect that the elected members believe that they have been highly successful in this area, but in reality they have failed miserably over a long period of time.

Reply Posted by Stevo on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 20:39
Charles I am about to admit I was wrong, please accept my sincerest apologies it was another forum poster with the £835 a month mortgage.
I wont name and shame either as I am truly embarrassed for the individual concerned,dont know how he sleeps at night paying all that.... Anyway... where were we?

The thing I found extremely funny was that you dodged the majority of questions I put to you.

As I said in a previous post, employment opportunities in Barnsley are dire I know this from personal experience.
Sad is the fact that other than the NHS, BMBC ,Redfearns and Manor bakeries are main employers in our town are indeed the four that I have named above.

With regard to your response about 16 year olds with no qualifications, I too was one of those 16 year olds and the only qualifications I had at that time was C.S.E mathematics, i'm sure you will be glad to know that now I have more qualifications than the average joe.

I don't agree that some of them should not be given the opportunities because they didn't try hard enough at school.
Some of the young ones have great work ethic, the majority of the young ones I know are all hard working and they play hard too and rightly so.

I cannot be bothered to trawl through the vast posts I have replied to but weren't you the employer that would only set eastern Europeans on?

I AM going to agree with the comment that you have made regarding BMBC failing to attract businesses into our area.
Wasn't the main reason for the Dearne towns link road to encourage businesses to flock to the town to take advantage of our excellent transport links?

Reply Posted by mick on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 20:53
I refer back to Charles post about jobs in surrounding areas .A friend of mine has recently took a minimum wage job at royal mail in Leeds ( through an employment agency) .After he takes his tax, national insurance. travel costs ,etc . He takes home the equivalent of £2.87 per hour.

Reply Posted by Charles on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 23:13
Stevo: Briefly, I have four comments to make in relation to your above response.

1. Not everyone in this town is paid the minimum wage. There are people who are paid substantial sums of money in exchange for their labours. A mortgage of £835 a month may be a lot for you, it is not a problem for everyone. You should aspire, like we all should, to being in a position whereby if you so wished you could acquire a property which would require a mortgage of that size. There is nothing wrong with aspiration, it should be a driving force for people who want to better themselves financially.

2. I do not employ any eastern europeans.

3. Which of your Questions did I not answer?

4. When Barnsley council developed the Dearne Towns Link road, I would imagine that the people at Doncaster council could not believe their good fortune. Basically Barnsley council provided a fast access route from the M1 north in to Doncaster.

Finally, in response to Mick (above) assuming that you are talking about a full time position, the take home pay of £2.87 per hour is incorrect. It is just not possible in the circumstances which you outline

Reply Posted by mick on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 23:17
Its a 0 hours contract .AS AND WHEN REQUIRED

Reply Posted by observer on Thursday April 4 2013 at 15:34
well done stevo. i think a lot of whats been said above has lost sight of the fact that the eastern europeans are taking up jobs. as stevo quite rightly said asao is one of many using the system to take on cheap labour. to the point of slavery with victorian ethics to acheive targets.its ok to feel sorry for these people from poland etc. but here we have a very simple problem. thatchers regime sold off houses. years down the line we introduce an influx of polish or other. we have agencies which have a package. they give the poles a job. with a house incorporated with the job. so then we have job shortages. and housing shortages. now..that wasnt difficult was it. as for academic splendours or not sugested by some of the previous posters. do you realis most of these eastern euroeans cannot speak english. so when the fire alarm was to be activated, they dont kow whats going on. are you also aware that when encountering dangerous tasks at work, and you communicate with them. they dont understand. therefore putting work colleagues in at risks situations. have you ever spoke to thse people?..you say something to them and you ask them.."do you understand" and they say...yes...but they dont.cathy, you made a good point. having quality companies which pay quality wages. its ok bleating about whether we will walk 20 miles for a mere pittance to find work. this was all well and good in victorian times. bring thids to your foremind. asos..perkins...symphony..should be named and shamed. they are using cheap labour via all the above mentioned, to make the owners very very rich people, and this shouldnt be lost sight of. asos did move here to take advantage of the poles and otherwise.asos plan to expand. the owner will become a billionair soon. by treating his workforce like slaves. did anyone know that when you have been employed by asos, they strt to mess the hours about. they gett £2000 from the govt for setting on slaves. they mess 100 eople about until they actually leave because of this. then in the back door another 100 people are offered a job. which asos get another £2000 for each person. wake up people. smell the coffee. this is actually happening. so when mr asos gets his knighthood for being britains richest man. remember, he did your kids out of a job. and took £2000 out of taxpayers money for each employee..(and they go through a lot) to acheive this.

Reply Posted by stevo on Thursday April 4 2013 at 20:09
Observer is observing me...

Again absolutely spot on, WE have actually worked at some of the places WE have both mentioned so WE know exactly what is going on in these companies.
Get rid of the "employment" agencies and put a cap on migrant workers in EVERY workplace.

The sooner we start to look after our own the better.

Reply Posted by stevo on Thursday April 4 2013 at 20:10
Observer is observing me...

The sooner we start to look after our own the better.

Reply Posted by angry on Thursday April 4 2013 at 17:52
our youngsters dont stand a chance my daughters friend went for an interview in a a factory and one of the first questions they asked was do you speak polish as you will stand a better chance if you can. needless to say she didnt speak polish or get the job,says it all relly doesn't it

Reply Posted by sarah on Thursday April 4 2013 at 19:48
I went for an interview at asos this afternoon and glad i didnt get the job there must have been 30 polish and including me 3 english there it just is not fair if these people had to go back to their own hometowns there are over 300 jobs there waiting for us, higher wages better working conditions but no theyre only barnsley people they dont matter well guess what michael whatever your name is and your cronies WE DO MATTER and its about time you got your finger out and stopped talking and start doing. rant over.

Reply Posted by stevo on Thursday April 4 2013 at 20:11
Sarah, you had a lucky escape believe me...

The sooner we start to look after our own the better.

Reply Posted by mick on Thursday April 4 2013 at 21:15
I agree .However how do we get the people that matter to listen .The one's that make employment laws don't read these posts on We are Barnsley.

Reply Posted by stevo on Saturday April 6 2013 at 14:09
Mick,
I have spoken to several people within the TUC and the issue will be on the agenda at the next meeting.
Yes you are right in what you say, there are a lot of people that come on here for a moan (myself included) and don't get involved in direct action.
The Tories are trying to water down employment legislation by the back door and some of the policies that are now law would make peoples eyes water.

Reply Posted by sarah on Friday April 5 2013 at 12:43
thanks stevo i know that now lol.

Reply Posted by Charles on Saturday April 6 2013 at 15:37
In recent times employment law has been very much biased towards protecting the worker and making life difficult for the employer. If the country generally and certain people on here want that, fine. However, it has to be remembered that tough employment law is a deterrent to job creation. If the law was to be eased (slightly) then more employers would be willing to recruit more staff. Fact.

Reply Posted by stevo on Saturday April 6 2013 at 17:06
Charles, do you and I live in the same world?

Redundancy consultation period HALVED under the Tories.

Proposals for "hire and fire" rebuffed - we ALREADY have "hire and fire" they are called employment agencies.

DE-Recognition of long standing Trade Unions - Unite / Ambulance staff/paramedics.

Workfare - Tories using SLAVE labour benefit claimants "working" gaining "work experience" ,we've all heard about the young lady staking shelves for the multi million pound company that is poundland FOR FREE haven't we?
A young lady that, as, being a benefit claimant has no employment rights as she is NOT technically employed by the multi million pound company that is poundland.
SHE HAS NO RIGHTS!
Employment law hasn't stopped the following companies from expansion the likes of which has NEVER been seen on the High Street:
POUNDLAND
PRIMARK
SPORTS DIRECT

To name but a few...

Engineering / maunufacturing

Toyota
Rolls Royce (jet engines)
jaguar land rover

again to name but a few.

We have probably THE WORST employment laws in the European Union, especially the TUPE regulations.

Remember the multi BILLION pound American company KRAFT?
Who paid $19 BILLION for Cadburys and promised not to close the Somerdale factory near Bristol, IT WAS CLOSED WITHIN 12 MONTHS, THE 500 EMPLOYEES MADE REDUNDANT AND THE "PRODUCTION" MOVED TO POLAND.
Such "heinous" acts would not be tolerated in France or Germany as they have without doubt the BEST employment laws in the western world.

Call centres "moved" abroad to save costs with the loss of nearly 100,000 jobs, companies making BILLIONS at the cost of the UK employees.

Need I go on?

Why do you think CAMORON went on a "trade" visit to India?
Was is to get better "trade" links with the Indians?
Erm, no!
It was to enable the Indian workforce to come over to the UK to WORK by "relaxing" visa requirements.

Again, undermining, undercutting, UK workers, Nevermind throw them on the dole we'll get them working for FREE ON WORKFARE for our Tory donators and their multi million pound businesses .

Reply Posted by Charles on Saturday April 6 2013 at 23:49
Well Stevo, I think I can confirm that you and I do both live in the same world. It is just that our views, at times, are far, far apart.

What clearly comes through in many of your postings, both in this thread and in others, is your extreme sense of jealousy and envy of others. I would say that such views suggest that you are an ideologist, with an extreme left-wing tendency and who is struggling to come to terms with the realism of modern day economic life. You are clearly not comfortable in your own skin. You are irritated and angry.

You make several points in your most recent posting and for the sake of brevity and time, I will comment on just one of them. Quite simply, and I feel sure that it will come as no surprise to you, I fully support Workfare.

Reply Posted by STEVO on Sunday April 7 2013 at 10:46
Charles, jealousy? really? Why on earth do you think that?
I have a good well paid job, nice car, beautiful partner, plenty of money in the bank and I am a shareholder in one of the biggest companies in the world, go on two 5 star holidays every year ,do not want for anything and I have a lot more than the average joe.
I am a third generation trade unionist, my father and his father before him, I am also a realist. I think it unwise to pigeon hole my as being and ideologist left winger as that is not what I am about, as people know me really know.
I don't know what you do for work but it is obvious to me that you have never had to run the gauntlet of being employed in one of the "crap" companies in Barnsley nor have you had the pleasure of working for a "hire and fire" employment agency.
I am extremely irritated and angry and purvey said irritation and angst against Barnsleys "crap" employers, "employment agencies" and the whole "casualization" of the labour market in general in my posts on this forum.

How can you say I am not comfortable in my own skin when you do not know me? People that do know me know I am a joker, lover, fighter, with a wry sense of humour who has worked extremely hard to get everything I want in life.
I am also extremely forthright and opinionated and not shy of telling people if they are wrong, that is what is wrong with todays society and the sooner people realise they have their own voice and opinions instead of believing everything printed in the gutter tabloids and the vile spin, lies and rhetoric that the Tories come out with the better.
Classic example of said Tory Lies, Spin and vile Rhetoric was blaming the "welfare society" on the Phillpots killing their children because they wanted a bigger council house and more benefits.
That sir is truly disgusting, the Tories and their Daily Fail conspirators have brought Fascist propaganda to a whole new level never seen since Goebbels and the Nazis.

I am going to slightly agree with you on workfare, say, if a person has been on benefits since school, has never had a job or never intended on getting a job then yes they should be made to either do "voluntary" work in charity shops or work within the community (etc)

The case I mentioned in my post about the young lady in poundland , I am TOTALLY AGAINST as she was already volunteering in a museum and the fascists at the job centre told her she HAD to take the poundland "job" or else she would lose her benefits.
How does this prepare her for a life in work?
What work experience does her "job" at the multimillion pound Tory supporting poundland give her?
It learns her how to sweep up, make tea and stack shelves doesn't it, the Job Centre get to place yet another "sucker" onto workfare, the multi million pound tory donating company get "slave labour" for FREE.
This also tells me that if the multi million pound company has "workfarers" at their stores then surely there must be a job available at said stores.

IF "workfarers" had a six month placement with a company and worked towards a national accreditation at the end of it , say an NVQ or something like that then yes I would be all for it.
OR if the company gave the workfarer a job after the six month period then yes I would be up for that too.
Of course this would never happen while ever the multi million pound Tory Party donating companies are getting their SLAVE LABOUR for FREE, the Facists at the Job Centre are threatening benefit sanctions and the Tories are getting a pat on the back for getting the "workshy" (there words not mine) onto workfare.

You also may find this hard to believe, but the only tory policy I agreed with was the introduction of the "welfare cards", I think if introduced that would have given long term benefit claimants the impetus to go out and find a job to pay for luxuries such as sky tv and fags etc.

Stevo, over and out for now.....

Reply Posted by 7 deadly sins on Sunday April 7 2013 at 14:16
Sick bag anyone!

Reply Posted by stevo on Sunday April 7 2013 at 21:12
aww, ickle baby!
I've got some calpol here for you if you are feeling sick.