Solicitors Closed Due To Financial Trouble

Friday March 22 2013

Atteys Solicitors closed down because of financial difficulties Atteys Solicitors closed down because of financial difficulties

AN award-winning solicitors on Barnsley's Regent Street has been closed down because of financial difficulties.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) closed Atteys, it said, to protect the interests of its clients. It's been reported previously that Atteys suffered from the economic downturn.

The 230-year-old firm - which has offices in Barnsley, Wath-upon-Dearne, Sheffield, Doncaster and Retford - employed around 140 staff.

"We've closed the firm with immediate effect," said the RSA's Lee Shrimpton. "We've taken possession of all documents and papers, and taken possession of all the money it holds."

For more information, go here.

Reply Posted by janet beever on Friday March 22 2013 at 15:08
if this is atteys how do i get my will back? who do i contact?

Reply Posted by joanna on Friday March 22 2013 at 15:18
what happens if they have paper work of yours or something. no number to phone them or owt

Reply Posted by joanna on Friday March 22 2013 at 15:21
it is atteys janet. funny because other week my other half had to phone up about something and they had changed name over that was about 2week ago.

Reply Posted by Rothschild on Friday March 22 2013 at 15:46
Good. Lawyers are arrogant parasitic servants of a bent system. I should know, I work with them.

Reply Posted by elaine brook on Monday March 25 2013 at 09:03
i was within weeks of my divorce finallised but now i m having to start proceedings all over again bury and walkers have now taken on my case they have taken quite alot of atteys matrimonial and family cases

Reply Posted by Rachel parker on Monday March 25 2013 at 22:08
I used to work for atteys at Wath and was made redundant because of this. Janet, if your will was held at the barnsley office you can contact them still. The document will be safe. Everything at barnsley has stayed the same.