Bin Information From Barnsley Council

Wednesday March 6 2013

We Are Barnsley We Are Barnsley

BARNSLEY Council has issued a statement to remind all residents that they now can put garden waste in their green bins for collection.

The council temporarily suspended its collection of green waste from December 1 to the February 28, in favour of clean-cardboard only which could be recycled.

Thanks to support of residents from across the borough, this winter over 850 tonnes of clean cardboard was sent to be recycled - an increase from 750 tonnes in the previous year.

The council will now resume collections of garden waste and cardboard from green bins.

Reply Posted by Shaun on Wednesday March 6 2013 at 12:34
At the flats that I live in they didn't even collect clean cardboard???? Think Barnsley council should educate their Bin men about which bins they should actually empty. Fed up of their picking and choosing

Reply Posted by Ann hoyle on Wednesday March 6 2013 at 13:12
Hey up there's always one ready to call the bin men - Shaun whoever you are get real the binmen do a fantastic job out in all weathers but there's always someone ready to call them - my son is a binman and he is educated so before you start calling people get your facts straight - I think you must be the only person in Barnsley who doesn't get his cardboard took away - they do not pick and choose what to do they do a great job !!!

Reply Posted by STEVO on Wednesday March 6 2013 at 19:40
RUBBISH!
Bin men are bone idle,always leave my bin on my path with the handles facing outwards to allow them easy access so they can do their job quicker.
They never put it back on my path and leave it on the pavement on a main road causing mothers to have to go onto a main busy road with heavy traffic.
Why do you think they never put my bin back to the same position they found it?
Its called "job and knock" the sooner they get their rounds done the earlier they can finish.
BONE IDLE!

Reply Posted by A H R on Wednesday March 6 2013 at 13:19
These workers do a fantastic job , I've never had cause to complain about them. Out in all weather and paid a pittance, well said Ann !

Reply Posted by SS on Wednesday March 6 2013 at 13:38
never had any reason to complain about bin men .. guess if cardboard bin didn't get emptied there was something in that shouldn't have been.

Reply Posted by shaun on Wednesday March 6 2013 at 14:06
ONLY cardboard in the bins here SS.and Ann Hoyle whoever you are! I didn't say Bin Men were uneducated i was saying that most Bin men should be shown what to empty.! Thank You :-)

Reply Posted by Ann hoyle on Wednesday March 6 2013 at 15:45
Same difference educating the binmen and being educated - you are insulting these people whichever way you worded it end of

Reply Posted by Cathy on Wednesday March 6 2013 at 22:08
On the whole the bin men do a good job, my only complaint is the same as one made by Stevo, ie leaving the bins, once emptied, straggled about the pavements with no regard whatsoever for pedestrians, people with prams or wheelchairs. When you're out at work all day your bin sits wherever the bin man left it unless a good neighbour brings it in for you. On windy days you often see wayward bins, sometimes upturned, littering the streets, not a good look is it, and not very considerate to other road and pavement users.

Reply Posted by kev on Thursday March 7 2013 at 10:54
it took me month to get my green bin emptied even was at the roadside on the correct days...i had to phone and complain before it was finally taken away

Reply Posted by Phil on Saturday March 16 2013 at 11:10
My binmen have this morning blatantly left the bin in right the middle of my driveway entrance so I've had to park up, move the bin then go back to move my car. Lived here over a year and they have never done this. Most annoying and plain lazy.