Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Councillor Says There Is No Suggestion Of Leisure Centre Closures

Wednesday March 6 2013


Cllr Burgess and BPL workers Cllr Burgess and BPL workers


A COUNCILLOR has said there is no suggestion that any of the borough's leisure centres will close.

Barnsley Premier Leisure has had its budget cut by 20 per cent, leading to fears that some centres will close.

However, Cllr Linda Burgess said that BPL has not suggested that any of the council-owned leisure centres will close.

Barnsley Council is reducing the amount paid to the not-for-profit organisation by £100,000 from April this year and by a further £100,000 in April 2014.

Last week BPL's chief executive, Tim Wilson, warned 'a cut of this magnitude' would have a substantial impact on the services it can offer but added it would endeavour to keep its numerous facilities open.

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus