Dickie Bird Injured In Town Hall Fall

Thursday March 7 2013

Dickie Bird by Katie Williams Dickie Bird by Katie Williams

RETIRED umpire Dickie Bird set off from his home at Staincross to have a routine check-up at the hospital - and ended up in the accident and casualty department.

Before going to his appointment, the 79-year-old went to the town hall where he tripped on the steps leading to the main entrance.

An ambulance took him to hospital where he had eight stitches inserted in his forehead.

"It was an odd experience on Monday," he said. "I just fell and there was blood all over. In the casualty department I had to cancel my appointment which should have been in another part of the hospital."

Reply Posted by OUT on Thursday March 7 2013 at 10:58
Should have picked his feet up then he wouldn't have tripped.

Reply Posted by rainbow on Thursday March 7 2013 at 11:34
Dickie will do owt for a laugh, good publicity too.!!!

Reply Posted by mick on Thursday March 7 2013 at 11:50
Some of these comments just show how Barnsley has lowered its standards so low.That we have so many morons who live here. I am surprised the people above are actually able to drag there knuckles from the ground long enough the type this rubbish!

Reply Posted by wedge on Thursday March 7 2013 at 12:46
Ha ha hes a old fool any way cant stand him

Reply Posted by Jules on Thursday March 7 2013 at 15:55
Well,that will give him something to cry about because that's all he does on t.v. in all interviews he's done,he's bloody embarrassing!!!

Reply Posted by Rob on Saturday March 9 2013 at 20:56
Mick I totally agree, I think we now have a sub species among us, God help us, some of the people on here must be Jeremy Kyle rejects they're so bad.
P.S. Get well soon Dickie Bird, these morons don't speak for the majority of Barnsley folk.