Bin Report From Barnsley Council

Thursday February 7 2013

WE'VE noticed that many of you have been asking about bin collections. We've been in touch with the council, and here's what they said...

The snow on Tuesday did cause some disruption to service and some rounds did not complete their work on that day.

They're in the process of catching up and should have caught up buy the end of today (February 7).

Residents should be advised to leave bins out.

If residents are concerned that their bin has been missed whereas the rest of the street has been collected they should contact our helpline on 01226 772045, or complete the missed bin report form on our website.

Reply Posted by Shaun on Thursday February 7 2013 at 11:21
I'm fed up to the back teeth of these so called recycle bin collections, at the block of flats I live in the cardboard bin hasn't been emptied for months and its getting beyond a joke now.
I didn't realise that the bin men are selective over which bins to empty.
Barnsley council are a joke

Reply Posted by George on Thursday February 7 2013 at 11:48
I totally agree with above (Shaun).

I have the same problem, and I can not get a new bin as I got a family of five, and waiting for two weeks for the grey bin to be emptied is a joke.

I visit the refuse site weekly with extra bags of rubbish because I am not allowed an extra bin, even though it states a family of five or more are entitled to one.

And green one has been emptied for the first time for 6months from my address, so I do feel for Shaun about bin men selection issues.

Reply Posted by Shaun on Thursday February 7 2013 at 13:05
It's a total disgrace George,so I totally understand your issues.
It seems to me that sometimes the bin men can't be arsed so they just leave them not fully understanding what what problems it causes.
Come on Barnsley Council SORT IT OUT!!!

Reply Posted by Aunt Hilder on Thursday February 7 2013 at 15:54
Sympathy for those who have problems with their bins but my experience is that the fortnightly collections work extremely well. Recycling bins due to be collected yesterday were collected today. Never really had a problem. In fact, the grey bin usually isn't full since the council started to recycle plastic bottles. Well done bmbc.

Reply Posted by Emma on Thursday February 7 2013 at 18:50
What a load of rubbish!! 6 weeks i have waited for recycling collection and was this week guaranteed a collection
.....
Still waiting!! You would think after the amount of calls complaints and forms filled in they would get to grips with it.

Sorry rant over

Reply Posted by donnio on Thursday February 7 2013 at 20:12
I quite agree fortnightoy collection aren't enough especially in the summer. I have an extra grey bin but need an extra green bin for my garden waste and my cardboard but IM not allowed extra collections on recycled material. Whigh is totally backwards if u ask me! I have huge gardens and cutting them once a fortnight will almost fill the green bin. This means I now burn my cardboard and paper as this is the easiest and cheapest method for removin it so it all fits in the bin provided. I have an extra large family and just dont have to time to trapse to the centers especially when I already pay for a collection.

Reply Posted by Jane on Thursday February 7 2013 at 21:38
Come and live on our street
Some residents leave their bins out from one week to the next!
I think they are trying to save the council some money cause in high winds the bins fall over street, wind is so strong the rubbish gets scattered all over street, and hey presto they are emptied!
Think some residents on street have got the wrong idea on how to recycle!!!!

Reply Posted by blue ber on Friday February 8 2013 at 19:22
bin men empty bins then leave them strewn willy nilly over the pavements no consideration for mobility scooter users or buggies a cllr stated a few years ago it was up to residents to move them as soon as they were emptied but what if you're out at work ? poor excuse for poor service !

Reply Posted by Grorge on Sunday March 3 2013 at 11:08
I Have A Family Of 4 And We Have To Go To Rubbish Dump Once Every Month. 2 Weeks Is A Crazy Time To Wait. My Parents In Chelmsford Have all Bins Taken every week.

Reply Posted by Mrs R on Thursday May 1 2014 at 19:37
The new Rotas are a load of rubbish! They are not working at all in Carlton. Whichever bins are put out for collection, it does not happen. Then they are left out again overnight and kicked all over the road. Carlton looks like a tip. After many calls, speaking to Staff and Managers there has been no improvement whatsoever. Even making an official complaint does not generate any action or improvement either.
Whoever put the rotas together must be a clown as it is one big joke!
It seems they are still trying to familiarise themselves with the new rounds weeks into it. Not achievable come to mind. Someone needs to go back to the drawing board and sort the mess out once and for all.
As for the white bags are they Kites, they are blowing all over already, that is before the strong winds. How much did it cost to implement this barmy idea? Probably a small fortune! Not to worry it's not their money they are spending.