Hello To You All!

Wednesday January 30 2013

WAB's new lad, Josh WAB's new lad, Josh

Imagine the scene: you're in your first journalism job after graduating, and you think you've got three weeks to learn all the ins and outs of We Are Barnsley...

Then, just a week into your training, Mrs WAB Nicky gives birth early! Panic? Most definitely.

As most of you are aware, on January 19, Nicky gave birth to a lovely baby boy called Huw. I came into the office on the 21st expecting a nice, relaxed day of watching the master at work and attempt to take it all in.

''Where's Nicky?'' I said. There were a few giggles - I knew something was up.

So then I was told that Nicky had given birth to little Huw two days before, and I was chucked in at the deep end. What's more, Barnsley had been hit by snow and WAB was going crazy!

Nicky's now on maternity leave, so I thought I would introduce myself to you all! My name's Josh, and I'll be running WAB while Nicky's away.

I'm 22, graduated from the University of Huddersfield in July, and I'm honoured to have been trusted with Nicky's other baby.

I'd like to think I've done a decent job since the 21st, but you're the judges of that. I only had a week to learn the ropes, so I'm still getting to grips with it!

Thank you for your continued posts and debates.

Thanks for reading!

Josh.

Reply Posted by CopyCat Costumes on Wednesday January 30 2013 at 17:03
Big shoes to fill but we have every faith! Best wishes for such a wonderful job! :) The CopyCat Team.

Reply Posted by mags on Wednesday January 30 2013 at 17:06
you are doing a great job josh keep up the good work luv u have a good tutor with nicky x

Reply Posted by Darren on Wednesday January 30 2013 at 17:16
Your doing fine Josh!! Keep up the good work and welcome aboard mate..

Reply Posted by Julie on Wednesday January 30 2013 at 17:30
Congrats to Nicky and a warm welcome to you Josh!.
I hope you enjoy the challenges ahead Josh were not a bad lot(well most folks anyway) here in Barnsley, I personally enjoy WAB so keep up the good work x

Reply Posted by Sharon on Wednesday January 30 2013 at 17:40
Hello Josh and welcome, I am sure you will do a great job!

Reply Posted by Aunt Hilder on Thursday January 31 2013 at 15:26
Hi Josh.

Best wishes and all that but damn it man, I can' t get into some of the stories at the end of January and February's! Gremlins in the pipes or induction problems? Go get em.

Reply Posted by Aunt Hilder on Friday February 1 2013 at 07:25
Josh
Still cannot access february's news items from my iPad. Is there a problem your end?

Reply Posted by Josh on Friday February 1 2013 at 09:11
Nope, I can't see what it could be. Everything's accessible from our end, so I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Which ones can't you access? Are the ones at the end of January okay?

Reply Posted by Aunt Hilder on Friday February 1 2013 at 10:47
Cound't open last three in January and those in feb. trying to open from "archive" link.

Reply Posted by Josh on Friday February 1 2013 at 10:55
Been down to the web design team and they're fixing it - apparently it'll be fine in a few minutes. Thanks for your patience! It seems like there were a few others experiencing difficulties on mobile devices.

Reply Posted by Peter on Saturday February 2 2013 at 13:43
I don't know if you were briefed, but one of Nicky's tasks is to provide coffee and fresh cream cakes to the WAB radio presenters every day . ;) lol

Add new comment
Your email address will not be visible to other users of the website when you leave a comment.