CCTV Image Released By Police In Line With Fraud Investigation

Wednesday January 23 2013

This is the CCTV image of the woman the police want to identify This is the CCTV image of the woman the police want to identify

POLICE are appealing to the public to assist in identifying a woman suspected of fraud.

Having entered a sandwich shop on Redbrook Road in Gawber, she spoke to a member of staff and told them the previous day, her husband had been in the shop and had purchased a couple of items.

She stated he had paid with a £20 note, however he later realised he had not been given the correct change and was owed £10.

Even though they thought the incident strange, they gave the woman the benefit of the doubt and as a goodwill gesture, gave her the £10 she claimed her husband was owed.

On speaking to staff from two other shops on the road later in the week, they also advised a woman of the same description had been in and had given the same story.

On reporting the incident to the police, it is believed the woman may also have been into various shops in the town centre, possibly using the same story.

The CCTV image is believed to be of this woman, and police are appealing to the public to help identify her to continue with the investigation.

Anyone who believes they know the identity of the woman is asked to call the police on 101, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111, quoting incident number 459 of 13/12/2012.

Reply Posted by Emma on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 14:39
Well if these people that work in these shops are gullible enough to listen to her story and accept it then they deserve to lose money. Morons

Reply Posted by dawn ainsworth on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 14:42
there should have tell her to come back later when they had cashed up. bet she don't do it again.

Reply Posted by jay on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 14:42
she came in my shop n tried it but she got nothing,what will they think of next

Reply Posted by syl on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 14:44
they should have ask for her number and said we will check the till and if it is £10 up then we will call you to come and collect the money

Reply Posted by dawn on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 14:49
We ad someone similar a while ago and got all upset about her husbnd being short changed the day b4 and avin no money when she was told we wud do a till check and to leave her details she wudnt and stomped off..

Reply Posted by Sue on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 15:03
This women tried the same thing in my shop last Thursday ! I did not fall for her trick. Ive been in retail work for over 30 years and its not the first time its happened.

Reply Posted by Barnsley Blade on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 15:06
Fools and thier money.........................................

Reply Posted by S on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 16:26
Thats y out shops have check your change before you leave no come backs then !

Reply Posted by Stuart on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 16:54
I know it wrong but this story made me chuckle and the naughty girl has shown some imagination and initiative bad bad girl ha ha

Reply Posted by Karen on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 17:27
She came into the shop where I work before Xmas and tried it, told her to leave her address an we'd do a till check and send her a cheque if it was found we had short changed her but she wouldn't obviously. She got a bit stroppy and left.

Reply Posted by Anne on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 17:30
im sorry but more fool shop keepers same as the others say tills should have been checked and if it was the day befor the owners would have known the till was up

Reply Posted by Gill on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 18:29
I agree with Anne, the till would av been cashed up the night before..The assistant who handed the money over should think twice in future..there are alot of dishonest scheming low lives about......

Reply Posted by pieter on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 21:12
She can't have been in our shop as we haven't seen a £20 note for months.

Reply Posted by laura on Wednesday January 23 2013 at 22:11
been in our shop too about 2 weeks ago.. got nothing

Reply Posted by spell check on Thursday January 24 2013 at 22:06
spelling is terrible

Reply Posted by liv on Thursday January 24 2013 at 22:07
I recognise her, I speak to her when I see but don't know her name :/

Reply Posted by anon on Thursday January 24 2013 at 22:34
they call her tina hall she is a nasty women everytime she comes in.my place of work she tries to say she as a problem very nasty and abusive

Reply Posted by Private on Friday January 25 2013 at 07:08
She has tried few shops in alhambra, she is a bitch. Needs locking up, hopefully soon she will get caught. But im not bitter.......lol ;-)

Reply Posted by lee on Friday January 25 2013 at 07:24
well done girl at least she as money in her pocket ? Don't the owner take it awt of the gullable staffs wages x keep up the good work x

Reply Posted by anon on Friday January 25 2013 at 08:22
TINA HALL ..................

Reply Posted by dianne on Friday January 25 2013 at 10:20
she came in my flower shop yesterday but got NOTHING

Reply Posted by Shelby on Friday January 25 2013 at 10:40
Both me and my mum have had her in the shop in The Arcade. She got very nasty and I worry about my mu as she is a tiny lady and as you all probably know this woman is built like a brick S**t house

Reply Posted by anon on Friday January 25 2013 at 11:16
to that last comment shes not built like a brick at all a u sure. u av right person shes around 5ft 6 n ad say a size 10-12 god help me a must be gynormous at size 14

Reply Posted by shelby on Friday January 25 2013 at 12:12
I'm positive its her, she may have had loads of loot under her coat, well she seemed massive when she was shouting and waving her hands about at me

Reply Posted by marie on Saturday January 26 2013 at 18:23
She tried it with me in our shop - she got nothing!!!

Reply Posted by Liam on Saturday January 26 2013 at 19:57
She looks like Kelly B off Facebook!

Reply Posted by jay on Saturday January 26 2013 at 21:11
cant believe some people are saying well done to her,but they prob same as her.my shop got robbed last sunday was that my fault too