Bailey's Business Makes BBC Debut

Saturday September 24 2011

Emma Bailey - Bailey's Emma Bailey - Bailey's

A BARNSLEY businesswoman who is campaigning for a better town centre will appear on BBC's Politics Show on Sunday with local MP Dan Jarvis.

Emma Bailey, who runs Bailey's Coffee Shop on Burlington Arcade, took part in We Are Barnsley's phone-in with the MP and since then the two have met up to discuss ways to help small businesses.

Emma wanted to ask for police help for the shops on Burlington Arcade who are in a CCTV blackspot - she was broken in to just two weeks after opening.

Dan Jarvis took the BBC film crew into her shop for the programme. He said: ""The show is Emma and myself talking about what kind of job we think the police do in Barnsley but just expressing our concern about their ability to do that job in the future when the cuts are imposed upon them.

"It's fantastic that Emma has set up her Cafe in Barnsley. I think we really need to encourage young people to set up businesses in the town and she's got a really great little operation going in the town. She is much of what is great of our town - a young person, very keen to get on, working very hard to make her business successful. I really want to do everything I can to support her and others like her."

The Politics Show - featuring Emma and Dan - will be broadcast on Sunday on the BBC at 12.30pm.

Reply Posted by clare on Saturday September 24 2011 at 20:33
will it be available on i player

Reply Posted by Emma Bailey on Sunday September 25 2011 at 08:44
The above comment is completley fabricated. I am a professional business person just trying to make things work for my family. There are some horrid jealous people in this world. I have never done such a thing in my life.

Reply Posted by sf on Sunday September 25 2011 at 08:50
well i can say i have been into the cafe a few times and have nothing but praise for both emma and her staff.... I wish emma and her shop all the best for the future

Reply Posted by Emma Bailey on Sunday September 25 2011 at 09:04
lol, now not the above post! hehe thank you sf for that comment- thats more like what we are used to hearing!  :0 x If it was true I would prob not say but Im as honest as it gets and theres no way this scenario happened- well not in the real world anyways! x

Reply Posted by Lauralinford on Sunday September 25 2011 at 17:59
DZ i think your comment is very rude. i have been into Baileys coffee shop a number of times now i think all the staff are very friendly and welcoming. they specially made my son some lunch as he has eating disabilities which you wouldnt get from your average cafe. i have nothing but praise for the shop, the food is fantastic in my opinion and i intend to use their services regularly.
Laura

Reply Posted by Ed Radley on Friday October 19 2012 at 08:35
Its a great value sandwich shop. £1:80 for a takeaway bacon butty. YES PLEASE!!

Reply Posted by Ted Thomas on Friday October 19 2012 at 08:39
I think it's a hidden Barnsley treasure. It's a shame not everyone knows about this little shop. I really like it