Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Mum And Daughter Escape House Blaze

Monday November 5 2012




A MOTHER and her teenage daughter have been treated for smoke inhalation after they escaped a blaze at their home in Barnsley.

Fire crews from Cudworth and Barnsley were called to the incident at 1.50am on Friday at Wakefield Road in Smithies.

A spokesman said: "The young girl was already out of the mid terranced house. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property to search for the woman who was in her 40's, they found her in the kitchen and quickly assisted her out of the premise."

The fire crews used a main jet to extinguish the fire.

It is believed that a ring on the cooker had been accidently left on which had caught fire to some clothing nearby.

Both the woman and girl were taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus