Garden Thieves Strike Town Centre

Wednesday October 17 2012

A BARNSLEY woman is warning other locals after she returned home to find sneaky thieves had stolen her entire garden path.

Shelley Kirkaldy says the thieves struck earlier today (October 17) on Hope Street, just off Summer Lane, stealing the path that was made of Yorkshire Stone.

She said: "It it's not fastened down they'll nick it... I've just had my garden path nicked in broad daylight while I was out.
"I came home and opened the back door to hang my washing out to find the path gone."

Did you see anything suspicious in that area earlier? If you have information it can be passed on to police by phoning 101.

Reply Posted by lynn cooper on Wednesday October 17 2012 at 15:18
how on earth can anyone nick a entire garden path in broad daylight without anyone witnessing it ? , it beggars belief indeed

Reply Posted by martin childs on Wednesday October 17 2012 at 15:40
you cant av ot now a days

Reply Posted by stan on Wednesday October 17 2012 at 19:41
My next door neighbour had half hers taken a few years ago and I had a wall topping of Yorkshire stone taken from the front of my house. it's not new

Reply Posted by Phil on Wednesday October 17 2012 at 20:44
These people are PATHetic. To take the time to do this, you'd have to be a psychoPATH. (Available for bookings during all of 2013).

Reply Posted by Tom on Friday October 19 2012 at 13:36
That's dead wrong that is, perhaps a pathologist should investigate! It'd be driving me up the wall.

Reply Posted by Aunt Hilder on Wednesday October 24 2012 at 20:51
Reminds me of the time I had my Shrubery pinched.

Reply Posted by Aunt Hilder on Wednesday October 24 2012 at 21:20
So good the site printed it twice! Must be funnier than I thought. But then again.....

Reply Posted by T Shifte on Friday December 14 2012 at 15:28
The Elgin Stones is one thing but a yorkshire stone garden path! Did it have any distinguishing features?

I know someone that will lay you a new one on the cheap wink wink. They reckon you will never know the difference!