Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Sleeping Man Rescued After Kitchen Fire

Tuesday October 9 2012


Fire Engine Fire Engine


FIREFIGHTERS have rescued a Barnsley man who fell asleep after leaving a pan unattended on the cooker which caught fire.

South Yorkshire's fire control was alerted by an automatic smoke detection system at the house on Carlton Road, Carlton at 11.50pm Monday night.

Crews from Cudworth and Royston rushed to investigate and found the pan alight on the cooker and the man asleep.

Crew Manager Ade Bell said: "When we arrived the pan was slightly alight on the cooker, and the house was just starting to fill up with smoke.

"We gained entry to the property and removed the pan from the heat, before ventilating the kitchen. We found a man in his 50s asleep in bed."

The man was unharmed and did not need any medical treatment.

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus
1 Showing 1 comment

Reply Posted by MICK on Sunday October 14 2012 at 10:16
when will they learn