Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Mum And Boy Saved From Blaze

Wednesday September 26 2012




A WOMAN and her six-year-old son were saved from a house blaze in Cudworth after being alerted by a smoke alarm.

The alarms went off after a build up of fat caught fire in an oven, filling the kitchen with smoke.

The woman, in her 30s, and her boy were already outside the house on Birkwood Avenue when Cudworth and Barnsley firefighters arrived on the scene.

A team of firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property to deal with the fire and to ventilate the kitchen.

A spokesman said: "The occupants were given oxygen by firefighters at the scene."

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus
1 Showing 1 comment

Reply Posted by mandi on Wednesday September 26 2012 at 19:42
Thank god for smoke alarms... Maybe a lesson to us all to get them as they are lifesavers...