Barnsley Man Fined Almost £300 After Dog Fouling Incident

Wednesday August 22 2012

A BARNSLEY man has been fined almost £300 after he didn't clean up when his dog fouled.

Christopher Heritage, 24, of Cutlers Avenue, Kingstone, Barnsley, was charged at Barnsley Magistrates Court on August 16.

He had let his dog foul on a grass verge on Manchester Road and was seen by a council officer not cleaning it up - he was issued with a  £50 fixed penalty for the offence, but did not pay it.

Mr Heritage did not attend court, but the case was proven in his absence and he was found guilty of the offence.

He was fined £50, ordered to pay the council’s costs of £212.10, and a victim surcharge of £15, a total of £277.10.

Reply Posted by Sandra on Wednesday August 22 2012 at 10:21
I totally agree with picking up dog poo as I have a dog myself but what about horses I was behind 6 of them yesterday and you should have seen the mess they left and believe me it was ten times worse than any dog could do .

Reply Posted by no crap on Wednesday August 22 2012 at 18:35
Horse poo is organic and of no harm to human health
Dog poo contains many bacteria which are VERY harmful to human health, and the bacteria remains even when the poo has been cleared away.

Dog feces are one of the most common carriers of the following diseases:

Heartworms
Whipworms
Hookworms
Roundworms
Tapeworms
Parvo
Corona
Giardiasis
Salmonellosis
Cryptosporidiosis
Campylobacteriosis

Reply Posted by jo jo on Wednesday August 22 2012 at 11:11
too right people should clean up after their dog

Reply Posted by dawnc on Wednesday August 22 2012 at 11:35
As a dog owner of 6, I always clean up after all of my dogs and it really irritates me when I see irresponsible owners let their dog poo and don't clean it up especially at the front of my gates arghhhhh I've even put a sign up in front of my gate.
Their should be more wardens to give fines out.

Reply Posted by Andy c on Wednesday August 22 2012 at 11:44
They should use nets at back of police horses at football matches and use there horsepower to back in to the football hooligans

Reply Posted by c on Wednesday August 22 2012 at 14:52
If you feed the dog you should clean it's s**t up. I would say would you let your kids crap in the street but most parents would!

Reply Posted by p on Thursday August 23 2012 at 18:54
would you let your child poo everywhere and not clean it up, most people would clean it up, so why is it that people who own dogs just let them crap and cannot be arsed to clean up the mess. People are just lazy and damm right they should be fined

Reply Posted by Jase on Thursday August 23 2012 at 20:46
Dog Poo on football fields where little kids play annoys the "crap" out of me.

Brampton Ellis fields are bad, the pitches are marked out so it's obviously kids play on it!

Reply Posted by tony heath on Thursday August 23 2012 at 21:26
make him eat it whats £300 a slap on hands

Reply Posted by Zena on Friday August 24 2012 at 07:47
I total agree they should clean there own dogs poo I have a dog but my dog won't poo on street she will only do it in my garden but I still clean her poo up

Reply Posted by me on Friday August 24 2012 at 08:36
cats r just as bad they dont cover up-they shit any where -there owners ought to be fined plus a cat can roam streets for days/weeks a dog cant-think all shit should be cleaned up-including horses cause some can fall or be pushed into it-organic or not-it stinks----its a mess-and a horse could have things wrong with it-humans cant do it in st-get fines-

Reply Posted by bludnut on Friday August 24 2012 at 11:26
I agree with me, cats are worse than dogs & their shit is just as harmful fine the cat people, its false to think that cats bury it everywere they dont, but they will in a parks sandpit for your kids to play with

Reply Posted by mick on Friday August 24 2012 at 23:17